Dentists are professionals who provide patients with the care needed to keep their teeth pearly white and healthy so those smiles never cease. But, there are a lot of things that a dentist wishes that he could tell you. Sometimes he’ll tell you the things that he wants you to know in not-so-obvious ways but some things go unsaid. Until now, that is. Read below to learn six important facts that your dentist wants you to know about your oral health.
1. We Know if You Floss: If you tell the dentist that you floss but you don’t, don’t assume that you are pulling one over on him. Oral hygienists need nothing more than one look at the teeth to tell if you really floss, so you might as well be honest about things.
2. Brush Your Teeth Before the Dental Appointment: Dentists are up close and personal your mouth and bad breath can make it hard to do their job. Make sure you brush your teeth before visiting the dentist and maybe even pop in a breath mint before the appointment.
3. Don’t Wait for Dental Care: You need to visit the dentist once per year for an exam and cleaning. But, that isn’t to say this is the only visit that you might need. If you experience oral health issues, schedule an appointment with the dentist. You can even get emergency dental services tacoma if needed. Your oral health problems will only worsen if you wait to make the call.
4. You Need a New Toothbrush: Replace the toothbrush every three months. A new toothbrush keeps bacteria off the bristles and out of your mouth.
5. Fluoride is Not Harmful: Rest assured that your dentist would never do anything to compromise the beauty or the health of your teeth.
6. Watch What You Eat: There are a lot of bad foods out there. Carbohydrates break down into sugar which harms the teeth. Alcohol can damage the teeth. Remember, you are what you eat, so choose wisely.